Thursday, May 7, 2015

walking around the city

disclaimer: interfecto spelling and grammar.
I love this city! This city has been growing on me day by day! It is one of the biggest cities I have been in..from how I feel at least. Such a metropolitan city. Thid being my last full day here, I went to roam around the colonias la Roma, condesa y zona rosa. I walked everywhere, and loved la Roma! If I had to pick a place to live in Mexico city, I would pick it! Such a cute charming and friendly neighborhood area. The archticture is inspired by Rome, there was this little plaza with michaelangelo statue in a fountain! And many other such parks, little plazas with fountains. I stopped and chilled at each one I encountered. I was sitting at one such plaza, and this girl came up to me and asked me to be an extra in a movie they were filming. My first time as an extra..just sitting in the background on the fountain :) then, another lady came up to me asked to interview me in Spanish. I was like what is happening here. This must be a famous video recording area or something. Anyway I was like no habla mucho espanol. Lo siento. Only if my Spanish was perfect, I would have agreed to the interview!! The camera crew went and interviewed someone eelse. I watched and took a pic of them instead! Then I walked and walked some more. Founf this lovely park. I love parks and swinging. I swinged for half hr relaxing and watching cute dogs and little kids. Then got sudden motion sickness feeling of being nauseated. I decided to stop and then rest. Headed to find condesa after that! This area was really fancy and liberal!! The rype of restaurants and shops, even people reflect that. Had lunch at a very eco friendly place..will add more pics and details later if I have time. Then headed to zona rosa. Found a vegetarian place..yug vegetariana. Everything was vegetarian!!! And they had Mexican dishes!!! I was ecstatic. I have pico de gallo-so spicy. But here they put sugar shaker everywhere instead of salt and pepper. Comes handy! Lovely waiter. He was so sweet. Aww so touched by kindness of others. As I was heading back, I realized I lost my trvel guide. I wanted to confirm the direction with the witer. Then this nice lady overheard me ask, and she pulled out her phone nd google maps. She helped me confirm the direction I need to goin. How kind!! Then I went back to the ice cream shop I thought I might have left the travel guide with the map in, but it must have closed since I did not see it. Just walked back down reforma..one of the largest avenues in the city! Long walk but good exercise and people watching. So many people ride bikes, even in business suites. I am impressed. Torow, just want to chill. Park or ride bike may bem I might head to that vegetarian place if have time, but need to catch my flight too! Buneos noches.

Each new place is like an added tune to the melody of life creating one fine master piece.  once bit by the travel bug, the itch to break away and make a new place your new home and create a new lifestyle never leaves. I have to come back and see different parts of Mexico en el future cuando tiene mas tiempo. Pero por ahora, make the most of the last few horas left here.

..going to go to that awesome vegetarian restaurant again and stuff my face. :)

¨¨manzil jo rahi dundh lete hai..raste magar kho jaate hai¨ (The traveller finds the destination, but the roads get lost)





Insurgentes metro station circle..







No comments:

Post a Comment