Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cuidad es muy grande

Buenas dias amigos! Here I am chilling with a cup of coffee watching comedy central en espanol. I came downstairs with my leftover pasta from last night to warm up and have I
it for breakfast, but then I saw one of the girls watching The Nanny.  I hadn't seen that show in ages!! So grabbed coffee, and the lovely ladies in the kitchen who cook breakfast made fresh juice! I lobe their freshly made fruit juice! They are so sweet. The people here are so incredibely kind and nice. Genuinely nice. Yesterday, I was trying to walk to chapultepac park and museo de anthropologia. This nice kind young woman was so helpful. I wanted to walk the whole way, like 40 min walk, but she wanted to help me get a bus. I was touched by hwr kindness, so I took the bus, then walked a lot still! I love places were you can walk. Tored of cars. I prefer walking, riding bikes, or public transport. So I went to the anthropology museum. It is so large and has wonderful artifacts!! I love history but get tired of museums as my brain gets fatigues after a while. Same thing happened, but enjoyed the museum. It is truly spectacular. I love the architecture here! How innovate, sunstainable, and creative. Even the tiniest things as the museum were creative. The flush for the toilet was a foot press! How sanitary! The buses say para una cuidad verde! (Or something like that!) So many initiatives for environmental sustainability, public health, and preserving history and culture through major excavation projects. I had also checked out Templo Mayor in Zacolo area yesterday. It is amazing how well archeologists have preserved theseplaces or found the many layers in the first place! Saw the palacio nacional in zacolo as well. I dont care fot palaces or govt. Buildings though, although the flag in front of it was marvelous. I felt pride for this beautiful city and country looking at it. It is humongous! The Capultepec park is also amazing! There is a zoo, lakes, food carts, so much nature and a great place to hang out. Anyway, I dont have wifi outside because I cant figure out how to use the city public wifi, and my phone is strange. Well, after coming to hostel to rest and charge my phone, I headed out to look for dinner. I searched for vegetarian restaurants but they all were too far to walk at night when i was half sleepy and it was windy. I headed out to just see whats on the street as I walk, but then a rally of people crowded. Looked liked a protest or something, but not sure. Then it was crazy windy, so I went to one of the nearby restaurants. It was Italian, but at this point, I just wanted to eat something healthy and filling. I had papas fritas and a cheese quesadilla for lunch at the park (so unhealthy!). I justwanted something, anything at that time though!  Well this Italian place was pleasantly surprising. The outdoor sitting was nice. I loved the soup and pasta. It was bettwr than food I had in Italy last year (IMO). Mexico city is surprising me everyday. It is so large and has so many different neighborhoods, architecture, kind people, and everything a big city should have!! Well today, off to explore this hip part of town were creative people live apparently. Heard so many nice things about It. Haha the Goldbergs is on TV now in the lounge.. I really should get going if I want to walk all the way! May be i might rent a bike! I love thesr rent a bike stands everywhere! Ahh i could just move here!

No comments:

Post a Comment