Monday, May 4, 2015

Segundo Dia

Second day in Mexico=awesome! Well, its raining on and off now with occasional thunder. I kind of want to go walk in the rain. I didn't bring an umbrella as my backpack was too small to fit it. I am too economical to buy a new umbrella when there are plenty en mi casa en estados unidos. Lluvia es muy bonita a veces, pero  it is just so comfy relaxing in my hostel after all that piramides climbing. So to talk about my day, after a much needed good night sleep, woke up realizing I really am in Mexico city! Then, got ready and headed outdoors for an early morning walk. Found this cute little park and walked around. So pretty. People were exercising and just chilling. This city has so many parks, public transportation, I love it! 

Anyway, walked back to hostel for free breakfast. Sweetest ladies in the kitchen. They were adorable. I tried to talk to them. They made me smile. Anyway, as I was finishing jugo, frutas frescas, pancakes, cafe, the tour guy came. Went on a tour of some places in the city, villa de Guadalupe, santiago, and lastly, las piremides. We stopped at this place in teotihuacan before reaching the piramides. The place had art work and cactuses from the village and a man explained to us the significance befind his cactus plant and artwork, volcano stones. Nature can be so medicinal or therapeutic. Would love to learn.more about the benifits of these plants someday. Well, then as expected, the shop guide person tried to talk us into buying things. I believe in memories as suveniors, not expensive items. So I was like: "estoy una estudiante, paga mi tuition la semana pasada, no quiero mas dinero." I don't.fall for sweet talk from sales people. Then this kind lady tried to sell me this snack made with peanut and rice (in Gujarati/India, we call it chicki). I love chicki and it was about time I had some energy, so I bargained the price down. She was ripping the other tourists off, but I was like "no. Es mucho mas." Saved 10 pesos. Then, we headed to the pyramids. So much fun!!! Muy divertido!! Me encanta caminar mucho. Climbing them was fun too. Even ninos pequenos( little kids) were climbing! Climbing the piramide de la luna was not as exhausting as the piremida del sol, but Good work out and felt nice to soak up the Sun while being in such a historically significant area. I wish I could remember more about the history behind anctient civilizations from old spanish classes. Its ok I am trying to learn and remember more. On a side note, I love barhaining. So my bag broke apart while climbing pyramids-no surprise there! It was half ripped to start with. I have been using it since India trip 2012. Well the safety pin only holds it together so much, so the rest ripped. Good thing I had my oodhni (scarf) to tie it with until I got to puetra salida ( exit gate). I baught a new bag after bargaining the price.  There is a limit though because people have to make a living off of these profits too! After that, we stopped at this road side restaurante. Had good food with view of piremida del sol. The staff was so sweet. By this time, I was exhausted and ready to be back at the hostel. On the car ride, we passed by areas of town on the outskirts of the city that were not as fancy as the mexico city i had seen so far. People were.living in houses on govt. Property on hillsides which flood a lot during monsoon/rainy months. Reminded me so much of India, and Honduras even. Especially Ahmedabad because of the contrast between highly developed areas and not as fancy places. It makes me frustrated when society is so divided. So what if its govt land?! The people are citizens of the nation, or at least human beings who deserve proper housing. Money shouldn't define how someone is treated. Some people happen to be born into priviledgepriviledged.families and others, not so.much. Many people work very hard in life to get out of economical troubles and still cannot own banglows. I know so many immigrant families from many different countries including mexico, had friends from all over the world as a child and know their struggle all too well. Anyway, got too serious in.my head. Well, may be I will just chill at the hostel and hit the different places tomorow. I could study some espanol now or go walk in the rain and get dinner.
park
park
park
free breakfast-muy delicioso
antient ruins
Add caption
the houses were so cute-lovely architecture
this was appealing to me
paper pealed from cactus-antient civilization and people from the village used this as first paper or plastic
also used this to drink things out of
making art work from volcanic stone reflecting traditions
from top of the pyramid of the moon
view of te pyramid of the sun from the top of the pyramid of the moon
catching a breath and the stunning view down below from top of the pyramid of the sun
in the village of   Teōtīhuacān
villages or areas that reminded me of India.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment