I am here. After 2 fairly short flights and incomplete naps, made it to la cuidad de mexico- mexico city. What a day! I loved getting lost and finsing my way. It is the part of the journey that helps me grow. Mi espanol no es perfecto ...my spanish is not perfect which led to some interesting conversations.. pero despues de tres horas-but after 3 hours walking and looking for the hostel, made it here. I enjoyed some street food on my long walk. In order to prevent gastroenteritis or traveler's diarrhea, stopped by una farmacia por good ol bismuth subsalicylate. :) I live off of street food when in India, so of course I have to have it here. (Disclaimer: I am not endorsing this; be wise and take basic precautions!) Mexico city is so vast and I realized how grande it is from the airplane window looking down. It is so eco friendly (well my hostel is; power is conserved as.much as possible) and have public health notices everywhere. Being the typical me, I attempted to read a booklet on ebola en espanol while waiting in line for immigration. I kept it as suverior. The nerd and public health enthusiast in me rejoices at this free booklet on Ebola which I see as helping me improve my medical terminology. The metro station is like a mini museum with mini planetarium walk through/tunnel, and all these biology and history lessons. So interactive and educational. This city is really innovative from what I've seen so far. Well I'm going to finish my dinner, ice cream. It got too dark and i accidently wore my shower flip flops out to the streets as I got distracted, so my feet did not want too keep walking! So I went back to the same ice cream shop I had gone to get ask for directions earlier! This time, for some helado. Here are some photos:
No comments:
Post a Comment