Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Third day

Hola amigos! Estoy muy cansada. I am very tired. I guess my thighs are still sore from the pyramids yesterday. Today was wonderful. Travelling is such a joy. The people you meet and stories you share are incredible. Makes you realize that there is so much more to life than living in a box. Life is meant to live. So over breakfast at the hostel, met some cool people from different corners of the world. Funny how those from U.S. are the ones with least amount of days travelling compared to all of the other travellers/backpackers I meet from across the world. No surprise there though. So there was this girl in my hostel who was planning on going to Guatemala, village to village, another girl going to Columbia after here, a guy at the end of his trip, another guy going across South America. Every one is on these long adventures. Last year in Europe, I did that, city to city, cohntry to country in matter of days. This time, one city only. Time constraints, and plus la cuidad de Mexico es muy grande y necesita mas dias. Mexico city is very large and need more days, so 6 days es todo aqui (is all here). Even then, I won't see all there is to see. I have learned to take it slow and not rush to every museum or monument. I have top picks that interest me, and try to get rest as well. It is my vacation time afterall. This morning, maroon 5, J. Lo, Vannesa Carlton (last name?) Were playing in the common area downstairs. Good ol music. Anyway, saw el.museo de Frieda Kahlo today in Coyoahcan (sp?) Her house is the museum and its so lovely. The architecture, decoration, natural vibe to it... just made me want to either nap in the garden or paint! She is a amazing.. What a lady! All that she endured, yet shined through. Really admire her more after learning more about her. I wish I had my student ID for discount. In Europe, i got by just telling them I am a student and left my ID at home. Did not work here. Then, we went to this mercado (market) area that was very nice. Ton of shops and food places...had tamale for the first time. So good! Now I have to have it again! Then, walked forever trying to find the metro station to get back. Needed to relax those legs.. then I wanted to go to centro historico or museo de anthropologia but the museums are mostly all business hrs so they were closing. I decided to go find a restaurant to eat at and chill in the park. Walked around the park and soaked in the rain but loved it. Wish we had parks that felt safe at night. This park here was filled with people, and it was beautiful. There is this famous fine arts palace that's next to it, but I was more drawn toward watching the kids play under the statues!! Fancy things don't interest me as much. Kids on the other hand, catch my eye everywhere. I am lucky to be able to be here. So grateful!! Someday, I want to backpack through all of Mexico, central America, and South America. ..and all of India. The list goes on..but it is possible. Once your mind is open, it cannot be closed. You know the possibilities, then si se puede! Yes you can! ... (some of you may recognize this movie peference! ) but remember, in life, if you set your mind to something, and work hard, todo es possible. Tell yourself, si se puede! :) oh and I had tacos from taco carts! So good but so.picante(spicy)! Took some re wording and failed attempts to try to get the food cart owner to make them vegetarian. After some weird looks from first cart, the second one was a success! He understood and politely and kindly served the tortillas, and I put the ingridients I wanted on them! Remember, never apologize for being yourself. No one is perfect, and times like these, when there are language barriers, make you realize kindness is a universal language and you can only try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment