Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Planeamiento Previo mucho (Pre-planning)

Hola!

So here I am, planning yet another trip! The thrill and excitement of being on the go again, constant change, opportunities for growth and new learning curves. As per my previous blogs, I love to blog or write. I think it is essential to write and share thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the world because you never know who you could motivate to follow their dreams. Challenges will always be there in life, but possibilities are hidden gems that we can find by adjusting our perception.

Enough of that... so as a travel fanatic, and someone who loves the idea of simple living, I decided to plan a mini backpacking trip once again to another country. As I am studying for finals, I decided to treat myself to another lesson in cultural immersion. Yes, learning and speaking different languages is my idea of fun! Mexico has always been a country that fascinated me. Especially the culture and people from different ethnicities. I always loved interacting with people and having conversations in Spanish, no matter how broken my Spanish is. This is an opportunity to turn up my Spanish speaking skills a notch, or may be few notches! :)

When choosing a journey (remember travel is about the journey, not destination per se!) to embark on, I considered what is feasible in one week time between semesters. Last year, 2.5 weeks was enough to do a good amount of backpacking through Europe. This time around, I needed to stay in the same continent; although, it is definitely possible to fly overseas. Just have to maximize time somehow. Necesita practica mi espanol mucho mas antes de mi viaje! (need to keep practicing my Spanish a lot more before my trip!)

So the grammar may not be perfect, but languages are not about perfection; instead, they are about connecting with strangers from different cultures and learning about their lives!

Culture
History
People
y mi favorita.. La Comida!

So now onto booking airfare, accommodations= must
All of the other planning- rough ideas like when painting on a canvas that will fall into place with a little faith and a lot of flexibility.

To be continued...
recuerde sonreir! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment